- Company Name
- IMAGICA WEST Corp.
- 2000 (Founded in 1935)
- 100 million yen
- Presidence & CEO
- Katsumi Obayashi
- Production, Editing, Sound Services ,Digital Cinema, Film Processing, Film Development, Film to Video Transfer, Scanning , Digital Intermediates, Digital&Optical Composite, VFX, CGI, Image Restoration
- 1-8-14 Doshin, Kita-ku, OSAKA 5300035 JAPAN
IMAGICA WEST Film Laboratory Services
Basic process of film making
- 16mm/35mm Color negative/positive (including camera negative)
- 16mm/35mm B&W negative/positive (Under maintenance)
- Push & Pull
- IMAGICA TONE (low contrast color film processing for telecines)
- 16mm/35mm Wet gate / Dry gate
- Blow-up(8mm/9.5mm/16mm → 35mm)
Timing (Film Grading)
Repairing / Cleaning
Re-recording (sound formats(film, tape, data, etc)→sound negative),
Formats (original material)
- B&W/Color Tinting/Toning/Stencil
There is a possibility that deteriorated film could be restored.
Please let us know before you give up!
Restoration techniques for classic films
Tinting / Toning (Traditional film techniques)
Before the introduction of color films, tinting and toning are techniques to add color to black & white films during the silent film era. Tinting is the technique of adding color to the film base by using dyes. Toning is the technique of changing the color of the silver particles that formed the images by using chemical solutions. The combination of both techniques is possible. There are many ways to duplicate these films but we use the same authentic method from that era to restore the films. We have developed a tinting machine capable of handling long film lengths with added stability.
Desmet Color Method（Restoration of original tinting film by using color film）
Kodacolor film is one of the short-lived film formats from 1925 to 1935. This film uses black & white 16mm film stock and the film base was embossed with more than 200 tiny lenticular lenses. The lenticular lenses capture color information from objects or scenes through a color filter with red, green and blue stripes.
During projection, a similar color filter is needed in order to see the colors on the screen. This film was phased out after the introduction of color films.
Inquiries on matters other than the above are also welcome. Please feel free to contact us.
Services for archives
Inspection（condition report, image capture, visit service）
TETELE (handy viewer for multi-format)
- Nitrate film storage
- Environment measurement for film storage
- Acid gas adsorbent
- Coating BW film to protect silver
- Binary fluid water cleaning
- Acid gas removal
Digital Archiving Services
- 4K / 2K / HD
- Wet gate / Dry gate
- Cine Vivo®, Movie-TONE,
- DaVinci Resolve